01 09 10

Friday 29 August 2014

protein pancakes

They're all the rage.



But now that I have experienced for myself the wonderful deliciousness of almond pancakes I'm willing to concede that they are incredible.
I don't usually go for the regular pancake. Too sweet and carby. But these bad boys leave the tummy totally satisfied.  They are light and fluffy, yet wholly satisfying. Win win.

Protein pancakes

Ingredients 

1/2 cup gluten free flour
1/2 cup almond meal*
pinch of salt
1 egg
1tbs rice malt syrup (or to taste)
1/2 cup almond milk

Method 

Combine dry ingredients together in bowl. Then add wet ingredients (the amount of milk depends on what type of consistency you like your pancakes).
Cook up like regular pancakes in a saucepan on medium heat.
Serves 1-2 people with bananas, butter and rice malt syrup.


*I used the leftover almond meal from my homemade almond milk. The stuff is the easiest thing in the world to whip up, and this recipe ensures the pulp is put to good use.

Verdict: 
AAAMAZABALLS! My sister said they were the best pancakes she had ever eaten. Would be incredible with greek yogurt for extra protein and blueberries for antioxidants.

Tips:
I make these up in a thermomix, whipping all the ingredients together. The result is incredibly light and fluffy pancakes. 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment