01 09 10

Monday 12 May 2014

R E S T

Recently I have been learning about rest, not simply sleep or recreation, but rest.
Discovering what this looks like is kinda fun/challenging.
I'm learning to lean into God more and seek Him for my strength and joy.

It isn't always easy.

I often fail.

I find myself relying on my own strength and not allowing healthy margin in my life... equalling burn-out.
The great thing about God though is that He is always there when I come to my senses with arms open wide. I have so much to be thankful for!! He is crazy loveable.

This is a beautiful scripture:

My soul finds rest in God alone, because my confidence comes from Him. Psalm 62:5

Any other form of rest pales in comparison to the rest I find in the arms of God... something I need to remind myself almost daily!
There are numerous distractions that fight for first place in my affections tempting me to strive and become agitated.

Living from a place of pure peace and rest is a goal I want to achieve. Having heros that portray a purity of lifestyle and continually gleaning from their lives is vital. Heidi Baker is one such woman whom I admire greatly.

tips for living in rest:


1. Sleep! Yeah... its the obvious one. Without sleep we physically, emotionally and spiritually are compromised. It'd be hard to live a lifestyle of rest if you dont physically kick back.

2. "Soak" aka listen to soft music and let God love you... could be the Christian alternative to meditating. I do it almost every morning in bed (and yeah sometimes I fall asleep!) All good though.

3. MARGIN. This one is something I'm still learning lots about. My Dad has a Ph. D. in margin! He's brilliant at it. Creating space so there is no room to panic eg. leaving 20 minutes earlier than necessary for an important appointment.

4. Taking time to smell the roses and listen to Jesus. Just yes.

5. Worship. A biggy. Nothing gets me more refreshed, and inspired to stay refreshed, like worshipping the King of kings. He's simply wonderful like that :)


xx

6 comments:

  1. So beautifully put and true <3 Have you heard "Oceans - Where Feet may Fail" by Hillsong??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOSH YEEES!!
      Its like one of my favourite songs atm! Love it.
      xx

      Delete
    2. LOVE THAT SONG.

      Delete
    3. IT'S THE GREATEST.
      (all eight minutes of it)

      Delete
  2. This is lovely. Hollie is particularly good at the sleep aspect...

    ReplyDelete