01 09 10

Saturday 28 June 2014

Potato and leek soup // totally failsafe




My diet is crazy at times, mostly because of the eczema that has plagued me for over four years and the numerous attempts to cure it.

At the moment I'm trialling the "failsafe elimination diet".

I've been on it for a week and its been a slight challenge (although it doesn't come close to being as hard as GAPS). Finding the incentive to make appetizing meals for myself alone has been low. But tonight I took my mothers advice and whipped up a delicious soup! Inspiration came from numerous different sources online that I adjusted to make failsafe. Thanks Google (:

Super quick and easy failsafe leek and potato soup 

Ingredients: 

1 leek, roughly chopped
4 garlic cloves
30g butter
5 potatoes, roughly chopped
1 (and a bit) litres of chicken stock
salt
Cream (optional if you're not dairy free)
chives

Method:

Chuck leek and garlic into thermomix and chop on speed 6 for 5 seconds.
Add butter and cook for 5 mins on speed 1 at 100*C
Pop potatoes in and again cook for 5 mins on speed 1 at 100*C
Then throw in the stock and cook for 20 mins on speed 2 100*C
When cooked, purée for 45 seconds gradually increasing speed to 8 (to avoid spillage)
Add salt to taste and serve with chives

That easy! Super satisfying on these cold winter days :) This isnt a sure and fast recipe. Play around and use what you've got.
Traditionally, leek and potato soup includes onion and cream, but with being failsafe I wasnt able to include them and happily didn't seem to notice to much.



xx


1 comment:

  1. This is not a failsafe recipe. The chicken stock would be high in amines unless it was home made using the failsafe guidelines.

    ReplyDelete